Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jewelry Inspiration...

Sometimes I like to sift through Style.com for a little eye candy, and today when perusing the jewelry trends for spring, I of course found some very "Blackbird" pieces that I just had to share...

The first, an AMAZING necklace from Chanel:

photo courtesy of Style.com -  Chanel



The second, a perfectly skullicious ring by Alexander McQueen:

photo courtesy of Style.com - Alexander McQueen






The third, an sort of goth-tribal statement choker by Aurélie Bidermann:

photo courtesy of Style.com - AurĂ©lie Bidermann  
 

And the fourth, an intricately black-webbed star cuff by Eddie Borgo:


photo courtesy of Style.com - Eddie Borgo
Aren't all of these pieces just freaking great? I think so. It makes me want to learn how to craft with metal...and solder things...and use a blow-torch.  Ah, fun stuff.  Anyway, while we don't carry any of these wonderful designer's wares here at Blackbird, it's still nice to drool over them via the internets...and great inspiration for what kinds of trinkets to go in search of for the shop.  We certainly love jewelry over here, from vendors across the country to our own Juju-designed pieces and local artists, like Jamie Spinello.  They are each little works of art, which to me is total justification for all the admiring and aquiring, especially when you can find some treasures for under $30 bucks!  Affordable, wearable art! I will admit, though, that there will probably always be a part of me that pines for anything by Alexander McQueen, the Picasso of fashion in my book.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good post. This post give truly quality information.I’m definitely going to look into it.Really very useful tips are provided here.thank you so much.Keep up the good works. greg herlean

    ReplyDelete